- Arborist Apprentice / Groundsperson (Closed August 2021, REOPENING FEBRUARY 2022)
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator (CLOSED SEPT)
About working at Vista Tree:
Vista Tree Management Inc. is a newer company located in Scarborough, Ontario. We operate throughout the Greater Toronto Area providing tree and shrub maintenance, plant health care, and associated services. Utilizing the latest equipment and arboricultural techniques, we pride ourselves on our safety, professionalism and holistic approach to tree care. As a company, we’re dedicated to ongoing professional development, outstanding customer service and maintaining a safe and friendly working environment. We are ISA Certified Arborists, with additional certifications in Pesticide and Plant Health Care, Tree Risk Assessment, Tree Safety and Tree Appraisal.
Vista Tree is committed to:
Employment Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Just as we support biodiversity in the urban canopy to keep it healthy, adaptable and resilient, so too do we nurture and invest in the diversity of our company. Located in one of the most diverse cities in the world, we value and celebrate the differences that make us stronger and we are committed to equity and inclusivity in hiring and employment.
- Vista Tree does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed or religion, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, record of offenses for which a pardon has been granted, sex and sexual orientation.
- We encourage applications from individuals who identify as belonging to an equity seeking group, including but not limited to: women, BIPOC or racialized groups, LGBTQI+, neurodiverse applicants and others experiencing barriers to employment. In compliance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, individuals who require support or accommodation in the application process may request it at any time.
- Vista Tree has implemented and enforces Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Bullying Policies that cover interactions employees have with colleagues, management, contractors and clients. These policies are crafted using an anti-racist, anti-oppression framework.
Living Wages and Opportunities to Advance
- Vista Tree believes everyone deserves economic security and fair compensation. As such, the minimum starting wage for individuals accepted into apprentice positions with no previous experience is $22.82/hr as of 2021, adjusted annually for inflation (in addition to merit-based raises). This is the current living wage in the Toronto area, where we operate.
- We provide all PPE and necessary equipment that meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Support for professional and educational advancement is provided to employees, up to and including full coverage of courses, conferences, licenses and other occupational opportunities.