Home » Tree Care Services » Arborist Reports

Arborist Reports

Certified Arborist Reports for Toronto and the GTA

Do you need a professional arborist report for your property?

You may need an arborist report for a a municipal tree removal permit, for a development application for a new home or renovations, or when buying or selling a house.

For a tree removal permit, an arborist will assess if removal is necessary. In most GTA municipalities, a removal permit is needed for trees over a certain size. The report will include plans for preservation of any nearby trees, if applicable. Your arborist will also provide a replanting plan for a new tree as part of the permit application.

Reports for development applications help to plan tree protection during construction. A removal permit can be required if the construction involves removing any trees. Development application arborist reports can help you understand how to ensure your construction follows city tree bylaws and respects tree protection zones.

A report can also assist in planning landscaping on your property, how to protect existing trees and shrubs, and tree planting recommendations for new trees. Arborist reports can also help when you’re selling or buying a home, to understand the value of trees on a property or maintenance that may be needed. Learn more about arborist reports on our blog.

For tree removal permit applications and many construction permit applications that will affect trees, the City of Toronto requires professional arborist reports.

We offer arborist reports for all GTA locations, including Toronto (Scarborough, Etobicoke, North York), Burlington, Oakville, Brampton, Milton, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Oshawa, and other communities in Halton, Peel, York and Durham regions. The exact requirements for permit applications depend on your community. Contact us and we can help you sort out the requirements from your city’s Urban Forestry department!

Need a certified arborist report? Call Vista Tree today for a consultation!